- Well deserved but narrow victory for Spurs pushes the race for 4th spot to Eastlands on Wednesday and as Gerry has pointed out another Blue Moon - without a dream in my heart?
- Leeds slip again but the generosity of others leaves them as favourites for automatic promotion - could Bristol Rovers (who?) spoil the party next week at Elland Road? Unlikely, surely.
- Everton fizzling out ...............roll on next season.
- The Liverpool Chelsea see-saw continues tomorrow and one has to assume Liverpool will fold as a result of their demoralised state after midweek.
Other events to acknowledge or look forward to:
- Fulham's achievement in reaching the Europa Cup final - great spirit, showing a lot of the big boys how it's done.
- Rochdale limp home in 3rd position having led for so long. Well done to them.
- Twente Enschede one game away from the Dutch League after a wait of 84 years. They play NAC Breda on Sunday - a win will mean they cannot be caught by 2nd place Ajax.
- Most fouls committed by individual Premiership players this year - 1. Davies (Bolton) 112 2. Cahill (Everton) 86; 3. Cole (West Ham) 69; 4, Fellaini (Everton) 67. Two for Everton - combative or niggly and negative?
Roll on the final week!